After the school’s refurbishment in 2007. The Patrician High School opened its doors to a bright and modern building. With all of the original buildings modernised and with the addition of spacious well equipped new rooms, the school’s facilities now matched the high standard of achievement in the school.
Further additions of three rooms in 2013 and two more rooms in 2014 mean the school can now cater to our ever-increasing school numbers.
Details of facilities:
- 16 Teaching classrooms (2 of which are equipped with full sets of laptops)
- 1 Physics Laboratory
- 1 Biology Laboratory
- 1 General Science Room (Equipped with 30 Tablet devices)
- 1 Demonstration Room<
- 2 Construction Studies Rooms (Equipped with 4 desktop computers)
- 2 Design and Communications Graphics Rooms (1 room equipped with 24 desktop computers)
- 1 Art Room
- 1 Fully Equipped Library (Equipped with 8 desktop computers)
- 1 Computer Room (Equipped with 30 desktop computers)
- 2 Learning Support Rooms (Equipped with desktop computers)
- 1 Gymnasium and associated stores and changing facilities
- 1 Astro Turf Pitch (Added in 2012)
- 1 Canteen Area (2 services areas, open daily)
- 6 Admin Offices
- Staff Room (with attached planning area)/Staff toilets.
- Student toilet facilities/storage/caretakers store.
All teachers have the use of a school laptop and each room is equipped with a data projector. We also have a main server in the school which teachers can access to share or save resources. There are currently two sets of mobile laptops in the school, one on each floor. These laptops are for general student use. Each student also has access to the school server to save or share material.
Due to increased staff numbers in 2011, the board approved the building of a staff planning/corrections room. This venture was also funded by the board of management. The additional room is used for subject department planning, interviews and acts as a quiet area for teachers to plan or correct work. At this time the staffroom was also equipped with two desktop computers for planning purposes.
We are currently awaiting approval from Monaghan County Council to add further student toilet facilities, office space, and a large social area for senior students. This is in an advanced stage at present and we hope to commence work in the New Year.